2. All material contained on this site (including its selection and arrangement) is protected by copyright or other proprietary rights which belong to DIPEx and its licensors. All rights are fully reserved. DIPEx is a trademark of DIPEx Ltd No 4178865. All data obtained by DIPEx is held and used in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
3. You are not permitted to change, store, copy, publish, sell or distribute any such material without our prior consent in writing.
4. The personal use of the website is free and covered by these Terms and Conditions of Use but but we ask that organisational/corporate/institutional users pay a small annual support fee to help the DIPEx charity with the running costs of the website.
5. Where you transmit material to us (“User Content”, e.g. pictures, text, a database entry) you grant us the non-exclusive, transferrable, sub-licensable, royalty-free worldwide right in all media now known or hereinafter invented to distribute such material without any further obligation to you.
6. You agree to abide by our User Guidelines and not to use the healthtalk.org Service in any manner not expressly permitted by the Terms
7. You may not link to this site, nor frame it, without the express permission of DIPEx.
8. You shall not reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts that form part of our website nor attempt to transmit to or via our website any information that contains a virus, worm, trojan, or other harmful or disruptive component.
9. We may provide links to sites owned and operated by third parties. We do not endorse the content of such sites (nor does the absence of links imply non-endorsement) nor can we be liable for non-availability of, or any loss or damage incurred by you as a result of visiting such sites which is undertaken at your own risk.
10. You agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk and is provided by us on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We give no warranties in connection with the site including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for any particular purpose or non-infringement of third party rights. To the extent that it is lawfully possible to do so, we make no warranty that:
11. the web site and/or any information will meet your requirements,
(b) your access to and use of the site will be error-free,
(c) any errors or inaccuracies will be corrected. Further, if your use of the web site results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, this will not be at our risk or expense.
12. You agree to indemnify us in respect of any and all losses and expenses (including legal fees) incurred by us in connection with any breach by you of these terms and conditions by you.
13. These terms and conditions (together with the documents incorporated by reference herein) namely the Disclaimer, Privacy Statement and User Guidelines form the entire agreement between us in connection with your use of the site and supersedes all other prior agreements between us.
14. Occasionally we may, in our discretion, make changes to the healthtalk.org Service and Agreements
15. Any legal action or proceedings arising between you and DIPEx in relation to this website shall be governed by English Law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Please respect intellectual property rights and the integrity of your healthtalk.org account at all times. The following, for example, are not permitted:
1. Copying, reproducing, recording, or making available to the public any part of the healthtalk.org Service or content delivered to you via the healthtalk.org Service, or otherwise making any use of the healthtalk.org Service which is not expressly permitted under these Terms
2. circumventing any technology used by healthtalk.org, its licensors, sub-contractors or any third party to protect content accessible through the Service
3. renting or leasing any part of the Service
4. circumventing any territorial restrictions
5. removing or altering any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notices contained on or provided through the healthtalk.org Service
6. providing your password to any other person or using any other person’s user name and password.
Your password protects your user account, and you are solely responsible for all use of and keeping your password confidential and secure. If your username and/or password is lost or stolen, or if you believe that someone has had unauthorised access of your account, please notify us immediately and change your password as soon as possible.
Please respect healthtalk.org, its contributors and other users of the healthtalk.org Service. Do not engage in any activity on the Service or upload User Content (including the creation and use of a username) that:
1. is offensive, defamatory, abusive, pornographic or obscene
2. is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including but not limited to, violations of intellectual property rights, privacy rights or proprietary rights of healthtalk.org or a third party
3. includes personal data of third parties or is intended to solicit such personal data
4. includes malicious content such as viruses, malware, trojan horses, or otherwise interferes with access to the Service
5. is intended to or does harass or bully other users
6. impersonates or misrepresents your affiliation with another user, person or entity, or is otherwise fraudulent, false, deceptive, or misleading
7. involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing (“spam”), junk mail, or similar
8. involves commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, contests, sweepstakes, or pyramid schemes
9. promotes commercial products or services
10. interferes with the healthtalk.org Service, tampers with or attempts to probe, scan, or test for vulnerabilities in the Service or the healthtalk.org computer systems or network, or breaches any of healthtalk.org’s security or authentication measures, or
11. conflicts with the Agreement, as determined by healthtalk.org.
Please think carefully and consider what you make public on healthtalk.org. The healthtalk.org Service includes social features, including the ability to post User Content, share content, and make certain information about you public, as further illustrated in your account settings. Remember that shared or publicly available information may be used and further disseminated by other users on healthtalk.org or across the web. You are solely responsible for your choices to make any material public on the Service.