DIPEx is committed to fully participating in the Department of Health's accreditation scheme for health and social care information - The Information Standard.
We continually monitor our systems and processes to ensure we comply with all aspects and requirements of The Information Standard. DIPEx wholly embraces the aims and objectives of The Information Standard.
We have created a Statement of Adherence to the Information Standard which we use:
• To share the experience of illness or a health problem and to provide support for patients and carers who may feel that they are on their own.
• To answer the questions and problems that matter to people when they are ill or have a health-related problem and to help them make informed decisions about their healthcare.
• To provide reliable, evidence-based information about illnesses and health problems
• To be an educational resource for health professionals
• To promote better communication between patients and health professionals
The Statement of Adherence is reviewed at least annually to ensure continued compliance with the Information Standard.
DIPEx shall hold responsibility for the accuracy of the information they publish and neither the Information Standard scheme operator nor the scheme owner shall have any responsibility whatsoever for costs, losses or direct or indirect damages or costs arising from inaccuracy of information or omissions in information published on the website on behalf of DIPEx.
For more information on the Information Standard, please go to www.england.nhs.uk